Water Damage Restoration Services
Broken pipes and toilet overflows can quickly damage properties within a matter of minutes. A fire sprinkler head can disperse 30 to 50 gallons of water per minute, and broken pipes have the potential to exert even more. Within the time that it takes to shut off your water system or for the fire department to arrive, damage can extend to multiple floors and subsystems in your property.
Har-Bro understands how critical it is to respond to water damage immediately. Rather than “relying on” third party answering services, Har-Bro maintains two, 24-hour, Har-Bro employee staffed dispatch centers that are knowledgeable in our procedures and are capable of dispatching the appropriate personnel to any emergency site. Each of our facilities has a substantial inventory of state-of-the-art and well-maintained equipment owned by Har-Bro. Our skilled crews are trained weekly to ensure updated safety precautionary procedures and a thorough knowledge of our equipment. Har-Bro can complete the water damage restoration job from dry-down through the final punch list items of the reconstruction process.
Regardless of the size of the water damage, call Har-Bro 24/7 at 800.266.5677 so we can dispatch the appropriate crews immediately.
After the Emergency has occurred:
- Immediately upon incurring flood or water damages, ascertain if there are any safety hazards or dangers present such as water in contact with electrical devices, outlets, panels or appliances. If danger is present or a concern, shut off the power or keep everyone out of the affected area. If you do not know how to turn off the power then contact the utility company.
- Shut off the source of the water and repair the source of the water intrusion.
- Do not use appliances that have been exposed to water or steam until you have clearance from a professional to use them.
- If you or someone else turned off your gas or power, discuss the restoration of the utilities with the emergency service provider such as Har-Bro or call the electric or gas company to restore your services. Do not attempt doing it yourself.
- The emergency service provider will immediately come out to determine the extent of the water damage and discuss what needs to be done to prevent further damages to your property.
- It is the responsibility of the property owner to assess the damage and prevent any further secondary damages. Har-Bro can assist in this process ensure that every necessary step and precaution is taken.
- Call your insurance company.
- The emergency service company will use the proper equipment to dry your property. First by extracting any standing water, then using a combination of demolition, air movers and drying equipment to get the property structure dry as soon as possible.
- Infrared cameras will often be used to determine water damage that is not visible to the naked eye.
- Finally, estimates and subsequent repair or reconstruction of the damaged areas can be completed.
- The adjuster, upon notification, will set up a time to inspect the property, usually within a few days, and will work with the emergency provider on establishing costs and subsequent reconstruction details.